Fermentation Crock Pot (Full Set)
Buying the full set adds up to a 5% discount, and includes a FREE Probiotic Inoculant!
Beautifully crafted stoneware fermentation crocks, fermenting pots or pickling crocks for natural fermentation.
Available in two finishes: Plain & Ethnic.
For the folks that love to ferment sauerkraut, kimchi and pickled vegetables at home, this beautifully handcrafted stoneware fermentation crock is perfect!
Discover one of the oldest, easiest and healthiest ways to preserve food. Natural lactic acid fermentation allows vegetables to retain more vitamins and minerals than other methods.
Ferment using our handcrafted Fermentation Crock
Suitable for fermentation of almost all types of vegetables, this pickling crock provides a traditional method for naturally preserving food through culturing in a salt/water brine solution. Made of lead free glazed stoneware, this beautiful sauerkraut fermentation pot will stand the test of time.
Oil lock Feature
When the gutter around the rim is filled with oil and the heavy lid placed on top, an air-tight seal forms to protect food from air and decay. The advantage of the oil lock feature is that the seal remains intact even during fluctuations between day and night temperatures and because there is no evaporation the gutter doesn’t need refilling. (Water lock lids must be refilled as water evaporates.) These crocks can be kept in a cool place for months, letting the vegetables inside ferment naturally.
Comes complete with the pot, lid and internal ceramic weight to keep the vegetables submerged in the brine.
- Each fermenter has 3 components: crock, lid and weight
- For dimensions and weights, see individual crock sizes
- Non-reactive, lead free, high fired stoneware
- Note: Sizes are approximate, as this is a handmade, artisanal product
- The crock size refers to the volume of fermentable matter (eg 1l). The vessel itself is larger
- The food made in these vessels is ideal to enhance your healthy lifestyle: Banting, Paleo, Blood Group, Wholefood and similar food choices
- These crocks can be used to pickle or ferment virtually any vegetable
- Larger vessels can be made on request
Natural artisanal pickling crocks or fermenting crocks made in South Africa! Makes amazing raw probiotic foods!