Beautifully crafted stoneware fermentation crock, fermenting pot or pickling crock for natural fermentation. Available in two finishes: Plain & Ethnic.
Fermentation Crock Pot (3 Liter)
For the folks that love to ferment sauerkraut, kimchi and pickled vegetables at home, this beautifully handcrafted stoneware fermentation crock is perfect!
Discover one of the oldest, easiest and healthiest ways to preserve food. Natural lactic acid fermentation allows vegetables to retain more vitamins and minerals than other methods.
Ferment using our handcrafted Fermentation Crock
Suitable for fermentation of almost all types of vegetables, this pickling crock provides a traditional method for naturally preserving food through culturing in a salt/water brine solution. Made of lead free glazed stoneware, this beautiful sauerkraut fermentation pot will stand the test of time.
Oil lock Feature
When the gutter around the rim is filled with oil and the heavy lid placed on top, an air-tight seal forms to protect food from air and decay. The advantage of the oil lock feature is that the seal remains intact even during fluctuations between day and night temperatures and because there is no evaporation the gutter doesn’t need refilling. (Water lock lids must be refilled as water evaporates.) These crocks can be kept in a cool place for months, letting the vegetables inside ferment naturally.
Comes complete with the pot, lid and internal ceramic weight to keep the vegetables submerged in the brine.
- Approximate Height 28cm x Width 20cm
- Approximate weight 3,7kg, including weight and lid
- Non-reactive, lead free, high fired stoneware
- This three liter crock is for the serious lactobacillus fermentation addict
- Ideal to produce larger amounts of your favorite, enzyme enriched, probiotic food
- Designed for making sizable batches of sauerkraut or preserving food for a large family or emergencies
- Wonderful for the natural pickling of olives
Natural artisanal pickling crocks or fermenting crocks made in South Africa! Makes amazing raw probiotic foods!